Leffingwell Ag Sales Co., Inc. originated as Leffingwell Rancho in Whittier, CA in 1903 to handle the chemical and agronomy needs for C. W. Leffingwell's citrus ranch. Soon they began serving other citrus growers in the Los Angeles and Orange County area.
• 1920 - Dr. I. G. McBeth organized the chemical company as a separate operation from the ranch. Dr. McBeth and his family owned the business until 1965. During this period many products were developed especially for trees using spray oils and foliar feeding materials.
• 1950 - First San Joaquin Valley branch was established in Lindsay, CA.
• 1957 - The Ivanhoe location was established.
• 1963 - The Terra Bella location was established.
• 1965 - Leffingwell's chemical company was sold to new ownership which modernized manufacturing and moved production to Brea, CA, allowing worldwide operation.
• 1977 - The remaining branches were purchased by a partnership made up of Burk Thompson, Geary Austin, Dwight Kissick and Rob Williams, operating under the name TAWK corporation dba Leffingwell Ag Sales Co. - later becoming Leffingwell Ag Sales, Inc.
Throughout all the changes, the core components of our customer service have never wavered - quality products & established working relationships with our customers. As always, we are "Assisting Nature for the Betterment of Man."